Prominent leg veins can be unattractive, causing you to experience self-consciousness in social interactions. If you are reluctant to wear skirts or shorts due to the appearance of spider veins or varicose veins, you may want to consider vein treatments to improve the condition.
Dr. Rebecca Fitzgerald uses state-of-the-art laser technology to eliminate the appearance of unsightly leg veins. After your treatment, you will be able to show off your legs with pride.
You can receive customized leg vein treatment recommendations by speaking with Dr. Fitzgerald in person. Please call (323) 430-9800 today to schedule a consultation at our Los Angeles cosmetic dermatology office.
Types of Leg Veins
There are two different types of leg veins:
- Varicose veins: These blue and purple leg veins are prominent and bulging. In some instances, they may even result in numbness or aching, cramping pain.
- Spider veins: These leg veins are thinner and form an intricate "spider web" shape on your skin. Unlike varicose veins, they do not result in any pain.
Both of these leg vein conditions are caused by valve issues in your blood vessels that result in broken veins near the surface of the skin. Other contributing factors to the development of leg veins include:
- Sun exposure
- Occupations that require prolonged periods of time standing on your feet
- Hormonal changes caused by pregnancy or menopause
- A history of blood clots
Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Treatments
Depending on the nature and severity of your spider veins or varicose veins, Dr. Fitzgerald may recommend one of the following treatment options:
- Vbeam Laser: This vascular laser treatment seals broken vessels to improve the appearance of unsightly leg veins.
- IPL Photofacial: This treatment can benefit diffuse redness caused by a proliferation of amassed small spider veins.
- Excel V: This treament option has an excellent ability to target small veins where other lasers are too strong. The Excel V’s 532 wavelength is much better absorbed by the red color (hemoglobin) in the vessels being treated, resulting in more heat getting into the vessels, and thus, better outcomes.
- Sclerotherapy: This treatment is very effective for spider veins and small varicose veins. A highly concentrated saline solution is injected into the vein, causing it to gradually fade within a few weeks.
Please contact Dr. Rebecca Fitzgerald using the form on this page or call (323) 430-9800 today to schedule your varicose vein consultation. We serve patients in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills and Larchmont, California.