Let’s face it – plastic surgery isn’t for everyone. While liposuction is an effective way to get rid of stubborn pockets of fat that have been resistant to diet and exercise, it is also major surgery. Fortunately, you don’t have to go under the knife to experience these benefits. If you prefer a nonsurgical way to eliminate your unwanted fat, CoolSculpting may be a great option.
CoolSculpting is a minimally invasive, nonsurgical treatment that freezes fat cells, causing them to die off. These dead fat cells are then safely eliminated through your body’s natural processes. There are no incisions and no surgical procedure. You’ll experience minimal downtime while enjoying an improved body contour due to the reduction of fat cells in the treated region.
You’ll experience many benefits when you choose CoolSculpting. These include:
- Short treatment time – One of the greatest benefits of CoolSculpting is that your treatment is completed very quickly. In fact, it only takes about 35 minutes for each CoolSculpting session. In some instances, Dr. Fitzgerald may recommend multiple sessions during your appointment, which would increase the total treatment time. However, you will still experience your results without having to spend several hours undergoing treatment. In most instances, you will even be able to return to work that day, so your treatment will result in very minimal disruption to your normal routine.
- Minimal discomfort – CoolSculpting uses cooling panels to lower the temperature of fat cells. When these panels are placed over the treatment area, patients often describe a sensation similar to the skin being gently pulled. However, this sensation is very short since the area quickly becomes numbed by the cold temperatures. You may experience a mild tingling feeling after your treatment while the area returns to a normal temperature. However, this tingling sensation generally subsides within a half hour. Ultimately, this represents considerably less discomfort that would be experienced during a surgical alternative such as liposuction.
- Track record of effective results – There have been over six million CoolSculpting treatments performed since it was approved by the FDA, giving us a large sample size of results. Patients often experience as much as a 25% reduction in fat cells in the treatment region. During your initial consultation, Dr. Fitzgerald will show you before and after photos and discuss the effectiveness of this treatment in detail in order to give you a clearer understanding of the results you can expect to achieve.
- Long lasting results – Once these fat cells are destroyed and eliminated from your body, they will never return. As a result, you can expect to experience permanent results. However, it is still possible to gain weight after your CoolSculpting treatment. If this happens, the weight will be distributed amongst your remaining fat cells, which may result in an unbalanced figure. In order to ensure your beautiful results last for many years to come, you’ll need to live a healthy lifestyle that includes a healthy diet and regular exercise.
- Strong safety record – CoolSculpting doesn’t affect your skin or the surrounding tissues in the treatment area. There is no risk of burns or similar complications that may occur with liposuction. In addition, CoolSculpting enjoys a very low complication rate, especially when the procedure is performed by a highly skilled and experienced practitioner such as Dr. Fitzgerald. A safe procedure that delivers beautiful results. What more can you ask for?
Contact our Los Angeles Cosmetic Dermatologist
If you’d like to learn more about how CoolSculpting can help you achieve your desired appearance, please contact Dr. Rebecca Fitzgerald using the form on this page or call 323-464-8046 today to schedule your complimentary consultation. We serve patients in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills and throughout the surrounding areas of California.