Laser hair removal is one of the most popular non-surgical cosmetic treatments in the United States. Our expert dermatologist has helped many men and women get rid of unwanted hair in areas such as the legs, arms, back, underarms and chin. In as little as three sessions, you could have silky smooth skin and won’t have to worry about stubble or razer burn any longer.
During your initial consultation, Dr. Fitzgerald will evaluate your skin and explain the treatment details. Laser hair removal is best for those with lighter skin and dark hair follicles because the energy from the laser works well with this contrast and the hair follicles absorb more of the laser, delivering optimal results. However, darker skin tones can also work with laser hair removal thanks to advancing technology.
Once we determine if you’re an ideal candidate for laser hair removal, we can schedule your first treatment. There are a few aspects to consider as you prepare for your appointment, such as:
- Stay away from tanning beds and sun exposure. The lighter your skin, the better your results.
- Don’t wax or pluck the hair in that area for at least two to four weeks.
- Avoid self-tanning and spray-on products for up to a week before your treatments to prevent adverse chemical reactions with the laser.
- Shave before you come in for your sessions so the laser can target the hair follicles beneath your skin.
- Don’t use any moisturizing products or lotion on the area after shaving or before your treatments.
If you’re interested in laser hair removal, please contact Dr. Rebecca Fitzgerald in Beverly Hills today at 323-464-8046 to see if this popular cosmetic treatment is right for you. Our board-certified dermatologist and experienced staff of medical professionals serve clients in the Los Angeles, Larchmont and Beverly Hills areas of California.