Injectables are a great non-surgical way to improve your facial appearance and can even treat issues such as excessive sweating and migraine headaches. However, BOTOX™ Cosmetic and dermal fillers provide different benefits. Our dermatologist in Los Angeles can help you determine which of the variety of injectables we offer is the best option for you.
What’s the Difference Between BOTOX® and a Dermal Filler?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is made from the neurotoxin botulinum toxin type a, which works by temporarily freezing muscle movement to address wrinkles and lines caused by repetitive facial expressions such as smiling and frowning. Conversely, dermal fillers are created to ‘fill in’ wrinkles and sunken areas of the face to achieve a more youthful appearance.
What is BOTOX® Used For?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is used for a range of issues such as signs of aging and certain medical conditions. This injectable typically treats:
- Crow’s feet
- Frown lines
- Muscle spasms such as eyelid twitching
- Muscle stiffness
- Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
- Migraines and headaches
Dr. Fitzgerald is a designated member of Allergan’s National Educational Faculty and is a recognized BOTOX® expert. You can trust that you’re in skilled hands when you choose injectables at our cosmetic dermatology office.
What are Dermal Fillers Used For?
Dermal fillers are one of Dr. Fitzgerald’s specialties. These injectables can help you achieve a natural, subtle and soft look to many areas of your face. Each dermal filler product we offer has the capability to improve certain facial areas. For example:
- Juvederm® can help marionette lines, parenthesis lines, lip lines, lines along the corner of your mouth and acne scars.
- Juvederm Voluma™ or Sculptra can restore volume to your cheeks which may have been lost due to aging or weight loss.
- Restylane Redensity treats those bothersome lipstick lines.
- Volux is made specifically for creating a defined jawline.
- Restylane is often paired with BOTOX® Cosmetic and treats wrinkles between the eyebrows, around the nose, jowl and mouth.
The right injectable for you depends on the area of your face you’d like to enhance. Our dermatologist can discuss your BOTOX® and dermal filler options and recommend the best treatment for you during your consultation.
If you struggle with lines and wrinkles and other skin conditions, please contact Dr. Fitzgerald in Los Angeles today at 323-464-8046to schedule your skin evaluation. Our cosmetic dermatology office serves clients in the Los Angeles, California area including Beverly Hills and Larchmont.