Smoker’s lines, lip wrinkles, shrinking lips, old-looking neck? Where do you start?
Although there are technological devices that help soften lower facial aging, often it’s simple and quick to take advantage of injectables.
Smokers’ Lines / Lipstick Lines / Ugh
This is undoubtedly one of the most troublesome aspects of aging. Even those who have never smoked often see lines radiating from the lips both up and down! There are combined culprits for this occurrence in non-smokers.
- Loss of volume in the mouth area is #1. A natural depletion of fat means there is more skin than tissue beneath it, causing wrinkling.
- Unconscious pursing of the lips when you talk will eventually create etched in wrinkles (watch yourself talking on the phone in front of the mirror to see if this is your habit).
- Aging means less volume in the lip body itself. We’ll all see this happen over time.
- The area around the lips affect how much lip you see. Structural addition beyond the lip body can evert the lip to allow more of your natural lip to show.
The Witch’s Chin and Pebble Chin
This is a terrible term for a chin that begins to shrink inward at the top area and project outward at the bottom area. Caused by muscle contraction and usually also volume loss, it’s an easily corrected problem with Botox and filler.
Neck Bands or Cords
The platysma muscles tend to stand out as we get older, looking like cords and bands on the neck. Surgical neck lifts allow a surgeon to sew these muscles together. Not into surgery? “Botox-ing” your neck smooths by preventing the muscle action that causes these muscles to stand out.
Dr. Fitzgerald is one of the most experienced providers of dermal fillers in Los Angeles with a national and international following. Renowned for her research, innovations and talent in advanced injection techniques, she is the “doctors’ teacher,” frequently called upon to train other doctors how to implement her techniques.
Also, Dr. Fitzgerald has earned “master trainer” status with many filler manufacturers. As part of receiving this prestigious distinction, she has worked closely with the major dermal filler manufacturers in a variety of capacities, including:
- Training doctors from around the world in advanced injection techniques
- Presenting at national and international conferences
- Filming for Medical Educational
- Serving as an advisory board member
- Performing injections on many of the models used in dermal filler brochures
Dr. Fitzgerald’s extensive training with the most advanced injection techniques ensures you’ll receive the beautiful, natural-looking results you deserve.
Botox Cosmetic FAQs and Safety Information
FDA-approved to temporarily make moderate to severe frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead lines look better in adults.
Please contact Dr. Rebecca Fitzgerald using the form on this page or call 323-464-8046 today to schedule your dermal filler consultation. We serve patients in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, and Larchmont, California.