Enlighten Laser / PICO Genesis is a dual solution for both defined dark spots and mottled hyper pigmentation.
The Enlighten 2-in-1 laser system by laser leader Cutera has become a “wow” technology in our practice.
- With the Enlighten laser action, erase or blend defined spots and tattoos
- With the PICO Genesis action, dramatically turn down that frustrating mottled pigmentation AND get extra benefits of skin-smoothing collagen restructuring without downtime
Baseline and After 1 Treatment Photo Courtesy of Heike Heise, M.D.
The WOW of PICO Genesis and Nano Technology
- Laser speeds so blazingly fast, your skin doesn’t have time to suffer from heat buildup
- Shockwaves, not heat, remodel collagen in the dermal skin layer, giving you new smoothness and fine line improvement - a terrific “side effect”
- Works for all, even sensitive or ethnic skins
- It’s FAST – session average is only 20 minutes
What is PICO Genesis?
Want to know more about PICO Genesis laser technology? Watch the video below for additional information from the experts.
Compare PICO Genesis to a “Typical” Laser
What makes the PICO Genesis laser system superior to many others is the customization of the two modes that resolves both specific spots (those with deeper pigment “legs”), and overall pigmentation that is more superficial. As shown in the image below, A. laser wavelengths shatter pigmentary issues with highly effectice laser wavelengths (532 nm / 1064 nm) while B. also delivering non-thermal, laser induced shockwaves for dermal disruption and remodeling (1064 nm).
How the Two Wavelengths Work to Destroy Pigmentation
● In the traditional mode (Enlighten), we use the laser to target specific spots. We call this the "point and shoot" approach. It is ideally used on very discrete spots you can draw a circle around - such as an "age spot". Pigment with deeper legs requires a strong energy pulse. When used in this mode the laser is very selective for pigment, but has some minimal associated downtime. However, you often get dramatic results in one treatment.
● In the laser toning mode (PICO Genesis), we are basically turning the energy way down, increasing the footprint of the laser and “painting” the skin to take care of mottled pigment that covers a wide area such as cheeks and/or forehead.
Special PICO Genesis Advantage with Mechanical Effect
Heat from a laser can be problematic all on its own. Instead of creating heat as a typical laser does, the rapidly delivered PICO Genesis pulses are generating a mechanical effect to shatter upper level pigment. This same technology makes tattoo removal faster and more effective than outdated lasers.
Mechanical effect advantages of PICO Genesis laser treatments include:
1. Long-term benefit of improving skin texture/tone as well as fine lines
2. Safe for all skin types
3. Virtually no down time
What Are the PICO Genesis Treatment Requirements?
You’ll likely need a series of PICO Genesis laser treatments. Most patients receive four as an induction series and maintain with treatments once a quarter. Some patients love it so much they do it once a month as part of their routine!
When you have dark spots AND diffuse hyperpigmentation, you can combine the point and shoot mode (Enlighten) with the PICO Genesis gentle mode in the same session. (We call it focal + global treatment.)
Additional PICO Genesis Laser Treatment Information
Conventional Laser vs PICO Genesis
Conventional laser toning operates within the photo mechanical domain. However, the thousands of pulses emitted during a conventional laser toning session eventually generate a gradual buildup of heat that increases the risk of adverse side effects such as hyper- and/or hypopigmentation.
PICO Genesis leverages the benefits of two extremely effective wavelengths in ultra-short pulses to create an intense, non-thermal, photo-mechanical disruption. This shatters the pigment granules, akin to crushing rocks into sand, while delivering a laser induced shockwave for dermal disruption and remodeling. Bypassing heat buildup means bypassing those adverse side effects of conventional laser.
The result? A brighter, more uniform complexion in as little as 2 treatments.
PICO Genesis is a product of Cutera, a leader in high quality laser innovation since 1998.
Please contact Dr. Rebecca Fitzgerald using the form on this page or call 323-464-8046 today to schedule your Thermage skin tightening consultation. We serve patients in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills and Larchmont, California.