There’s a reason the popularity of dermal fillers has skyrocketed in recent years. Fillers are completely non-surgical, and you can get back to your day immediately after treatment. Radiesse® is one of the leading dermal fillers. Not only is it long-lasting, but Radiesse has been shown to build new collagen in the area in which it is injected. In this way, Radiesse offers the benefit of skin-smoothing collagen long after the filler itself dissipates. To arrange an appointment to learn about Radiesse in Los Angeles, please call.
What is Radiesse?
Radiesse is a filler injected beneath the skin. It’s made up of microscopic spheres of a material known as calcium hydroxylapatite. Those microspheres are suspended within the gel that is injected beneath the skin. The calcium hydroxylapatite in Radiesse is a synthetic form of the same material naturally occurring in your bones. The spheres act as a scaffold, filling wrinkles while allowing your collagen to grow around the spheres. Eventually, the Radiesse is processed out of your body, but the supportive collagen remains. Cosmetic dermatologist Dr. Rebecca Fitzgerald also uses micro-cannulas to deliver the injectable in an efficient, pain-free, bruise-free way.
Possible treatment areas for Radiesse are:
- Nasolabial folds: Also known as “smile lines,” these creases extend from your nose to the corners of your mouth.
- Marionette lines: These creases extend downward from your mouth.
- Chin wrinkles: The lines extending horizontally across your chin.
- Chin and cheek augmentation: Radiesse acts as a volume implant when aging causes your cheeks and the sides of your chin to look sunken.
- Corners of the mouth: With age, the corners of your mouth may begin to droop downward. Radiesse restores a perky, youthful mouth contour.
- Reshaping the nose: Divots, bends, bumps and flat nasal bridges are areas of the nose that can be improved with Radiesse.
Dr. Fitzgerald’s strong skills as a Radiesse injector led to her selection as a member of the elite Medical Education Faculty for Merz Pharmaceuticals, the makers of Radiesse. As such, she is responsible for mentoring other physicians in the correct and effective injection of Radiesse. Results typically last 1-2 years. The microspheres of CaHA have been shown to last up to seven years. Radiesse in Los Angeles should provide long-lasting correction. However, individual results may vary based on age, skin type, lifestyle, and muscle activity. Contact us to learn more about this filler.
Advantages of Radiesse
One of the great things about Radiesse is that it can be combined with other dermal fillers to achieve the best results for each part of the face and for each individual patient. Dr. Fitzgerald is very skilled at combining fillers in this way, providing a result that is both natural and beautiful. She may also recommend combining Radiesse with BOTOX®, which can add to the duration of both products for pleasing long-term results.
Other benefits of Radiesse include:
- Provides immediate results
- Stimulates collagen production for long-term results
- Clinically proven to last a year or longer
- No incisions, no sutures
- No downtime
- Restores a youthful appearance
Study results are now showing that Radiesse offers some of the same self-collagen production that Sculptra provides, though on a lesser level. Still, this means that even when all the Radiesse has left your skin, some new collagen that your own body produced has taken its place. Radiesse is a safe, effective and non-surgical method. It is extremely popular with Dr. Fitzgerald’s patients both for its immediate effectiveness and long duration.
If you live in Los Angeles, Larchmont, Beverly Hills or the surrounding areas and want to find out if Radiesse is right for you, please call the cosmetic dermatology practice of Dr. Rebecca Fitzgerald at 323-464-8046. Dr. Fitzgerald provides individualized treatments to achieve natural, beautiful rejuvenation.