The holiday season is officially here, and your calendar will most likely be filled with a variety of special events over the next month. Whether you want to look your best for holiday parties, family Christmas dinners or a big New Year’s Eve celebration, we’ve got some skin care tips that will help your skin look healthy, vibrant and beautiful over the holidays.
While the following tips provide you with some easy items to do at home on a daily basis, Dr. Fitzgerald can also recommend a skin care regimen to supplement these efforts. We offer a wide range of medical-grade skin care products that can address just about any condition in order to help you look your very best.
Daily Skin Care Tips
The following actions should be done every day in order to maintain beautiful looking skin:
- Cleanse your skin – Make sure you cleanse your skin every morning. This will ensure you eliminate any sweat and pore-clogging debris before you apply makeup for the day. It’s also a good idea to cleanse your face in the evening to prevent makeup and debris from clogging your pores while you sleep.
- Apply ice underneath your eyes – Applying ice or a couple of chilled spoons underneath your eyes is a great way to eliminate puffy, tired-looking eyes.
- Use a primer with skin benefits – Frequent holiday parties and family gatherings may cause you to spend more time than normal in your makeup each day. Using a primer with skin benefits can facilitate better makeup application while helping you maintain a beautiful skin complexion. Ask Dr. Fitzgerald for recommendations regarding the best primers to use.
- Remove your makeup at the end of the day – Long days in the kitchen or late-night holiday parties can leave you exhausted, but it’s still important to take care of your skin before going to bed. This should involve removing your makeup. Leave your facial moisturizer and a bottle of makeup removing micellar water on your bathroom counter so that you will be reminded to use them before you brush your teeth at the end of the night.
- Use lip balm – If you are travelling over the holidays, make sure you bring lots of lip balm. Travelling, especially by plane, can dry out your skin and cause your lips to become chapped. Apply a hydrating lip balm throughout the day to prevent dried, chapped lips.
- Take extra vitamin C – Using a daily vitamin C serum will help keep your skin radiant and beautiful. You can easily find this product at your local drugstore.
- Hydrate – Staying hydrated is one of the best things you can do to maintain healthy, beautiful skin. Make sure you drink lots of water to offset all of the cocktails you consume during the holidays since alcohol can dry out your skin.
Treat Your Skin during the Holidays
This final tip doesn’t need to be done every day, but it will pay big dividends for your skin if you do it once or twice during the holiday season. Treat yourself to a face mask formulated with charcoal. This will remove dirt and toxins from the surface of your skin, providing a clear, beautiful complexion.
Contact our Los Angeles Cosmetic Dermatologist
If you’d like additional skin care recommendations, please contact Dr. Rebecca Fitzgerald using the form on this page or call 323-464-8046 today to schedule a consultation. We serve patients in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills and the surrounding areas of California.