As we age, our skin naturally begins to grow lax and sag. Ultherapy is a non-invasive, FDA-approved procedure performed to lift and tighten skin on the brow, chin, neck, and décolletage. Using advanced ultrasound technology, this procedure targets structural layers deep below the skin’s surface, lifting and tightening the skin naturally, without surgery or downtime.
Ultherapy is safe and effective for all skin types and colors. While there are no age restrictions for ultrasound therapy, the procedure tends to deliver the quickest and most definitive results to patients in their 30s to early 50s.
The cosmetic dermatology practice of Dr. Rebecca Fitzgerald is proud to offer Ultherapy to patients seeking a non-surgical alternative to a traditional facelift. Ultherapy can help you restore the youthful beauty you desire and the confidence you deserve.
Benefits of Ultherapy
If you experience skin laxity, sagging or droopy skin on the brow, chin, neck, or décolletage, Ultherapy may be an ideal skin tightening option. The procedure offers a number of exciting benefits, including:
- Safe on all skin types: Ultrasound technology bypasses the more superficial layers of skin, leaving all skin types and colors intact and unharmed.
- No scalpels or sutures: Ultherapy is not a surgical procedure. It harnesses the power of ultrasound technology to smooth and tighten the skin by triggering your body’s natural collagen production.
- No recovery time: Since Ultherapy is a non-surgical procedure and doesn’t require general anesthesia, you can return to your normal activities immediately after treatment. You may need someone to drive you home after your procedure if you've medication, but otherwise, you can go about your day as usual.
- Side-effects: Expect some bruising and transient swelling for lower face and neck treatment - and on occasion some isolated temporary numbness in areas near nerve bundles.
- FDA-cleared: Ultherapy is the only procedure cleared by the FDA to lift and tighten the skin on the brow, chin, neck, and décolletage.
- Subtle, long-lasting results: The lifting and tightening effects of Ultherapy typically take two to three months to fully emerge and may continue up to the 6 month mark. This means you’ll achieve a more youthful appearance gradually and naturally, without ever looking as though you’ve had work done.
How Does Ultherapy Work?
Ultherapy uses ultrasound energy to deliver heat to the deep layers of skin and muscle. This heat stimulates collagen production and tightens the skin. While ultrasound energy affects deep tissue layers, it leaves the surface untouched.
During your session, the Ultherapy device will be moved back and forth across your skin. The procedure causes a mild pinching sensation for some patients, while others experience more discomfort. Your pain management options will be discussed at your consultation. If you choose to take a prescription pain medication to make your procedure more comfortable, you will need to arrange transportation home with a friend or loved one. Our office can also arrange a professional ride service for you, if necessary.
Most patients see results after two to three months. Some patients even experience continued improvement for up to six months.
Schedule Your Ultherapy Consultation Today
If you are interested in achieving smooth, youthful skin without surgery or downtime, schedule a Ultherapy consultation with Dr. Fitzgerald, one of our other board certified dermatologists or our Ultherapy Nurse Practitioner, Angela Sarff today. Contact our office by using the form on this page or calling 323-464-8046. We serve patients in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills and the surrounding areas of California.