UV exposure accumulates over the years, doing considerable damage that can lead to far more than spots and blotches. DNA changes resulting from long-term exposure to the sun can show up as actinic keratosis and even skin cancer. When you tire of hearing dermatologists preach, “Wear your sunscreen!” it’s because those problems are consistent realities. Reach out to our team to discuss the conditions we can treat and options for sun damage treatments in Los Angeles.
What Do We Mean by “Sun Damage”?
- Sun spots and age spots
- Diffuse hyperpigmentation
- Redness from broken capillaries
- Wrinkling (unrelated to age)
- Altered, rough skin texture
- Actinic keratoses
- Skin cancer
Although some of these problems are cosmetic and harmless, others are not. If appearance change is merely cosmetic, there are a variety of cosmetic dermatology treatments that can help improve your appearance, from chemical peels to lasers to injectable fillers and relaxers.
Actinic keratosis (AK) may be only cosmetically displeasing, but it could be a warning sign of future skin cancer. Not everyone with AKs gets skin cancer, but *anyone who gets skin cancer will have had actinic keratosis. (*Melanoma is the exception.)
Get individualized sun damage treatment recommendations by speaking with Dr. Rebecca Fitzgerald or our medical team in Los Angeles.
Where Does Sun Damage Occur?
While sun damage can occur anywhere on exposed areas of your body, the most commonly affected areas include:
Sun Damage Treatment Options in Los Angeles
There are many treatments available to improve the appearance of sun-damaged skin. Depending on your unique needs, Dr. Fitzgerald may recommend:
- BBL Photofacial: This intense broadband light treatment provides a quick improvement of both red and brown areas on the face, chest and arms, as well as improved skin quality.
- Genius RF MicroNeedling: All-skins safe radio frequency placed into the skin at custom depths for custom results.
- Halo Hybrid Laser: Fractional laser treatments can resurface the skin and minimize fine wrinkles. This treatment will also brighten your skin and provide greater luminosity.
- SilkPeel Diamond Microdermabrasion: An excellent option for hydrating, lightening, and skin polishing.
- HydraFacial: Restore moisture, clear pores, smooth and treat with patented 3 step technology and zero downtime.
- Chemical Peels: Glycolic peels are a no to low downtime choice for smoothing the skin and lifting pigmentation. Cosmelan is a go-to for more serious one-time peeling.
- PhotoDynamic Therapy: An excellent option for treating Actinic Keratosis, a condition marked by small, scaly, red or brown patches on your skin.
- Vbeam Laser: This vascular laser treatment is highly effective in reducing the appearance of small broken or enlarged capillaries.
- Pico Genesis: Shatter pigment with acoustic waves to quickly lift dark spots and blotches caused by sun exposure
- Laser Genesis: Gently treat diffuse redness, fade acne scarring, reduce the appearance of fine lines by improving collagen stores, & naturally promote a healthy look.
- Topical Skin Regimens: Treatments such as Avene Retrinals, Vivite Glycolic Acids, and Obagi treatment systems can significantly improve the appearance of sun spots and weathered-looking skin.
Often, sun damaged skin may require more than one type of treatment to achieve optimal results. Please reach out to Dr. Rebecca Fitzgerald today to schedule your consultation for sun damage treatments in Los Angeles.