Rosacea is a common skin condition affecting millions of Americans. Individuals suffering from rosacea experience redness on their skin, most commonly on the nose, chin, cheeks and forehead. In some instances, you may also develop tiny red bumps and pimples in the affected region.
Rosacea can often be a source of embarrassment, impacting your self-confidence in personal and professional interactions. If you are bothered by your rosacea or if it continues to worsen, Dr. Rebecca Fitzgerald can help you improve the appearance of the condition.
You can receive individualized treatment recommendations by speaking with Dr. Fitzgerald in person. Please call 323-464-8046 today to schedule a consultation at our Los Angeles cosmetic dermatology office.
Common rosacea symptoms include:
- Redness in the face accompanied by sensitive, dry skin that may sting
- Bumps or pimples on the face
- Small, visible blood vessels on the face
- Skin that gets coarser and thicker
- Red, dry, irritated or swollen eyes
- 2021 Updated Understanding Rosacea Guide from National Rosacea Society
In most cases, rosacea symptoms will flare up for several weeks or months at a time and then subside for awhile in between flare-ups. If left untreated, these symptoms will progressively worsen.
Rosacea Treatment Options
While there is no cure for rosacea, the symptoms can be managed through treatment. Depending on the nature and severity of your symptoms, Dr. Fitzgerald may recommend:
- Antibiotic creams, gels or lotions containing anti-inflammation benefits
- Oral medications specific to Rosacea
In addition, skin lasers may be used to improve the appearance of facial redness or visible blood vessels. The most common lasers we use to treat rosacea include:
Please contact Dr. Rebecca Fitzgerald using the form on this page or call 323-464-8046 today to schedule your rosacea tratment consultation. We serve patients in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills and Larchmont, California.