If you suffer from unsightly acne scars, there are several acne scar treatments available that can restore your skin to its natural beauty. To find a treatment type that’s suitable for you, it’s best to consult with our experienced dermatologists. Dr. Rebecca Fitzgerald can help create a custom treatment plan that meets your individual needs.
The best way to reduce the appearance of acne scars is by stimulating the production of collagen or planing the skin’s surface. Depending on your goals, Dr. Fitzgerald can provide a number of acne scar treatments, including:
- Laser Skin Resurfacing: This treatment uses a laser to remove layers of skin. As the skin starts to heal, it produces more collagen, which fills in the indentation caused by the scar and smooths the surface of the skin.
- Microneedling: For those who don’t want to use lasers or highly active chemicals, microneedling is another great option. Your skin will be treated with an automated pen that creates microscopic injuries to help stimulate the production of collagen and elastin.
- RF Microneedling: Radio frequency energy is delivered by ultra fine needles to varying depths which creates new collagen and helps lift scars.
- Microdermabrasion: With this method, a diamond tipped device exfoliates the surface of the skin while also delivering a topical serum. Diamond Glow stimulates cell growth and can slightly improve the appearance of scars.
- Vbeam: Special laser for taking the "red" out of acne scars. This will generally happen on its own, but for faster resolution of redness, Vbeam works well.
- Photodynamic Therapy (PDT): This special treatment is used to control resistant acne. The procedure involves applying a topical photosynthesizing agent called Levulan, also known as ALA. We then use a specific wavelength of light to activate the topical agent, which reduces the activity of sebaceous glands. There IS downtime with PDT. By controlling acne, you also control the damage it does that creates scars.
- Chemical Peels: There are different types of chemical peels available depending on your skin type. Chemical peels remove the damaged outer layers of skin, reduce blemishes, and reduce scarring.
- Subcision: During this procedure, the scar is loosened from the underlying tissue, allowing the floor of the scar to rise to the level of surrounding skin.
Whether you suffer from severe redness, breakouts, or deep scarring, one or more of these treatments can help you achieve clearer, healthier skin.
Schedule a Consultation With Dr. Fitzgerald Today
If you are considering acne scar treatment, call us today at 323-464-8046 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Fitzgerald. We proudly serve patients living in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Larchmont, and nearby California communities.