Restoring Lost Volume
Advanced cosmetic treatments in Los Angeles restore volume beneath the skin. There are several ways to do so. Dr. Fitzgerald has the experience and training necessary to determine the very best treatment for you. The main ways to restore lost volume are:
- Sculptra. This injectable stimulates the production of new collagen. Sculptra often requires a few sessions, but the results can last two years or longer.
- Voluma. This filler is great for restoring lost volume to the cheeks and mid-face. Voluma is also ideal for augmenting the chin. Results can last as long as 18 to 24 months.
- Restylane Refyne & Defyne. New hyaluronic gels with enhanced flexibility. Two formulas for corrections around mobile areas of the face.
- Restylane Lyft. An injectable designed to mimic the effect of your own hyaluronic acid, Restylane Lyft restores youthful volume to your face. This gel filler is relatively denser than others, so it can be used in deep-plane areas and in the under-eye area.
- Radiesse. A wholly unique filler, Radiesse contains tiny “microspheres” of a material called calcium hydroxylapatite. These spheres create a supportive structure on which your natural collagen can grow. The gel gradually breaks down, leaving behind the new collagen.
- Radiesse Hands. Your face isn’t the only place that loses volume. Your hands may look withered and aged because of thinning skin. Injections of Radiesse restore more plumpness and volume to your hands, softening the appearance of big veins and tendons.
With over 20 years of experience, Dr. Fitzgerald knows how to assess the structure of your face to plan the right approach to rejuvenation.
Causes of Volume Loss
Factors contributing to fat depletion, and the breakdown of elastin and collagen, include:
- Sun exposure
- Weight loss
Aging is the primary culprit in volume loss. Fortunately, Dr. Fitzgerald can help you restore smoother, firmer skin. She evaluates the comprehensive makeup of your face – including the skin and the underlying structures – in order to determine the best treatments.
To learn more about the volume loss treatments in Los Angeles at the cosmetic dermatology practice of Dr. Rebecca Fitzgerald, please call our experienced staff. Dr. Fitzgerald is proud to serve people from across the region.